Wednesday, August 13, 2008

God is Good

There's has been a lot going on this month and I feel like life has went from from pause to fast forward! Lot's of good news to share!

For starters, I got a job!! (better yet- it was direct hire- no temp to perm-for those of you who knew my dilemma with that) I just finished my 2nd week and so far I'm really enjoying it. I am now an Administrative Assistant for a pharmaceutical company. I was surprised how quickly I transitioned back into the "work world" after being a stay at home mommy for the past few years. It's like I never left! It's a nice change of pace for me and almost feels like a bit of a break being away from the girls for most of the day. I'm not saying I don't miss spending time with them, I'm just enjoying not listening to all the "noise" that I'm generally accustom to. I originally got this job so that Carey and I could move towards getting a house, but I'm thinking I might want to be there longer then we planned :)
Of course, Carey is not fond of this adjustment because he has taken on a bit more responsibility lately then he's bargained for. Taking kids to daycare/school in the morning and picking them up after work and if that's not tiring enough, he comes home and prepares dinner! Now you might understand better why I'm considering staying at this job longer.. ;)

Mia is in Daycare full time now and although I was a little worried about that, and still don't really like the fact that she's in the hands of other people all day that I barely know, she seems to really enjoy it! In fact, she even tells me "I had fun day mommy" and that is such a relief to hear! I think she enjoys all of the activity and being around other little ones her age since she hasn't had much of that before. Oh- and the next time I put Mia on the phone with one of you, she might answer "hola, como estas?" since they're also teaching her spanish!! haha.
One of my favorite features though, is that they have a program called "parent watch" where I am able to log in on my computer at work and actually see her in her classroom through the camera's they have set up in there! How cool is that!

And while Mia's learning Spanish, Alana is having fun in KINDERGARTEN! her first day was on Aug.11th and so far, it seems to be going well. It's hard to really get an assessment on how she feels about it because at the end of the day, by the time I get to ask her, she's normally "too tired" to answer! I've heard complaints about nap time and some confusion about taking the bus home (after school care), but it's still only her first week and so naturally, it's still an adjustment period. On Friday she was excited to show me her folder the teacher has them take home with all of the fun learning crafts they did during the week and their homework for the weekend! I only hope she stays this enthused about it :)

Today, Carey and I went on another house hunting adventure with our realtor. We looked at five and didn't see anything that really impressed us. I always thought that finding your first home would be exciting, but the excitement quickly faded and we're simply tired of looking for that "perfect" house. I guess we just have to learn to be more patient, and we'll make do in our apartment, which we both concluded, "really isn't all too bad".

Lot's of pictures posted below. I didn't put them in any kind of order, but some are from our trip to NJ about a month ago to see my sister along with my nephews and nieces, including sweet baby Claire who's almost 2 months old. We had a great time all together and did a lot of fun things including visiting the aquarium where we experienced petting sharks!, sting rays, starfish and even jelly fish! (never thought you could pet a jelly fish, but the top of the head doesn't sting). We also took a drive one day to the Jersey Shore and played on the beach!
Some other pics are from a couple weeks ago, when we took a drive downtown and went to the Georgia dome where the Atlanta Falcons were having a practice game. This was the dome that had to get renovated after the tornado hit it back in March. It was a fun time although our adventure in getting there was a different story!

Hope you're all doing well!
Love ya'll :)






1 comments:

The Steele Quiver said...

Anni P, when you going to update your blog?? I want to see some pics of the kids and stuff! Love you!!! miss you lots!!!